I will start with last Thursday, Maria, myself and a guy from project came with us to pick up Chris (a coworker). We got to Cru and Chris seemed to be enjoying himself but right as I was about to share my testimony with everyone he got a phone call and missed the majority of the night..Turns out it was a bad news phone call so that is understandable but I wish he could have heard the message that night or heard my testimony. Speaking of my testimony It went very well, I was really nervous but just looked past people's heads and I got through it..it really wasn't that bad. I did feel my voice shaking but no one said they noticed :) I feel honored to have had that opportunity to get up in front cru people and their guest to share my story. Later that night we took Chris home and he later texted us saying that he had fun and was glad we brought him.
That weekend I cant remember what he did that well but I think we just explored down town more and went into some little shops which is always fun! Monday night we had women's time which was ofc...AMAZING. People had sumbitted anonymous questions for the women on staff. What I learned most that night was that I don't have to worry about not doing God's will for my life. I had a fear that I would pick the wrong career choice or even marry or don't marry josh. I learned that if I am in His word and praying and seeking after Him then he will reveal his will through that. He isn't going to try and trick me. So I feel much more at peace about listening for Gods will for my life :) Also a huge thing I learned was that one of the reasons I want to be engaged so bad..(besides the obvious ones :) ) was that I felt that if I just had that ring then I would have a for sure promise and I could be at ease and peace about Gods will. But now i realize that I do not have to worry whether it is God's will or not because he has already revealed to me (us) that it is his plan for us to get married. A while ago I had asked God to please not let our relationship continue if that is not who He wants me to marry. Anndd ofc we are still together and we are still seeking after God so obvi we will be married one day. Also God would not just have us in this relationship just for funzies to then just rip it away from us. Anyways..the main point was that it was really good night full of truth and wisdom :) Ohh I almost forgot..Sunday we had prayer and praise and we met in one of our churches and we got a paper with everyone's new role on project. For those of you who do not know, the staff leave half way through and the students get the those leadership roles that they had. I actually knew what role I had before but know one knew each others. Well they picked me to be the leader of the Community Team :) I was SO humbled by this, it came out of know where to me. I am really excited to have this position and also really nervous. I know God appointed me this and I know that he chose this role for me, for a reason. I can already see how he is using this to help mold and shape me. I am not a loud person in big groups and I am a huge people pleaser, I most of the time sit back and letter everyone make decisions and I will every now and then put my twp cents in..Being in this role forces me to get out of my comfort zone. We had our first meeting tonight that I lead and it was challenging..I loved it and it went well but it is not an easy task. I am so excited to see how God continues to use this position to strengthen my walk and Him and who he wants me to be. At times I think why did they pick me? but then I realized God picked me and that should be reason enough :) Anyways so we got see what everyone else's roles where. The directors of the project officially stepped down that night and introduced the new student directors. They had the directors and assisstant directors sit in the middle and the old directors came and washed the new directors feet. It was one of the most beauitful things I have ever seen..i started to tear up and thought it was silly that I got so emotion and then I looked around and every girl had tears in their eyes. Then all the old staff left the room and the new directos started to wash the new d group leaders feet and so on and so forth. It was such a humbling experience and I will never ever forget it :)
The project banquet was Saturday and that was so so fun! We all got dressed up and went to this house and had an amazing dinner and then afterwards all the D groups preformed a song or poem for their D group leader who would be leaving. It was so fun to watch everyone preform and it was just really great to enjoy everyone's company. My d group changed the words to "you dont know your beautiful" it was so great :) Once we got back to the hotel we were walking in the back lobby area where they normally have the weddings and we were passing by a wedding reception and we saw the brides picture up, so we went to look at it and then as we were walking away a guy asks us if we would like to come in and dance..we were like "no we dont want to offend the bride and groom" the guy next to said "I'm the groom, come on in" so we did :) it was so so fun we danced to one song in a total strangers wedding :)
I am just SO thankful for this experience and all God is doing! I am making life long memories, life long friends and falling more in love with Jesus! I cannnot wait to come home and see everyone and give my family hugs and kisses! I am actaully excited to go home and serve my family, being away from them has taught me how much I actually do appreciate them and and love on them because the do mean SO much to me :)
Anyways sorry for this being so long!
Hannah :)
No comments:
Post a Comment