Wednesday, June 27, 2012
"So I say to you: Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened. -Luke 11:9-10
Hi everyone! It is reflection night, so that means time for an update :)
Okay so last week you heard about Linda who we met, well she came with her boss to the CRU meeting Thursday night which was super awesome! We asked them after how they liked it and she said it was a little weird being back in that type of environment but that it was alright and her boss said she loved it. That Friday at work while I was moping and restocking my project coworker got off a littler earlier than I did so she was heading out to the car to wait until I got off. As she was walking to my car, Chris, a coworker asked if she wanted to talk with him until I got off..Isn't God AMAZING. He practically laid this opportunity to talk and get to know him in our laps...what a blessing!! Anyways..she found out that he has come from a rough background and that basically he has only been in SC for 3/4 months and is 19 and on his own. She was able to get into a spiritual conversation and he said that he though Christians were hypocritical.. well i mean..some most definitely are..no one is perfect..but apparently he had tried to go some churches around SC but they wouldn't let him come unless he hid his piercings and tattoos. This made me so sad :( She invited him to CRU and he said that he doesn't have a car and would need a ride to and from. Long story short Maria and I and also a guy friend from project will be coming along with us tomorrow to pick him up :) SO EXCITED! It is so evident that Chris is crying out for someone, anyone to pay attention to him, to acknowledge that he exist. He tends to talk about how much he drinks and does these crazy things and such and i think that is a way he is just trying to get noticed. Poor guy is all alone in a new city, no support from family and is financially insecure. God has given us these moments and opportunities to talk to him a little bit this week which is a huge answer to our prayers! I was starting to get discouraged because I thought we would never get opportunities to even get to know our coworkers. This morning I literally prayed for opportunities just to talk and God gave us them! I feel overwhelming blessed to be put in these situations and to see God's plan unfold. There is no better feeling or joy that comes from doing the will of Christ :) I feel so blessed that God wants to use me?!?! He could do this all on his own but he wants to use us for his plan! So Chris is coming to Cru tomorrow and so is Linda please please be praying for God to be working in their hearts! And that he will give us wisdom when talking to them.
Ohhh one more thing..Linda called us on Saturday wanting to meet up for coffee! Here we see AGAIN God is handing us these moments on a silver platter..It was so encouraging that she wants to hang out with us, she knows why we are here this summer and knows what we believe, she is the type of person that if she was not interested at all in learning more, she would not want to hang out with us. So be praying for her and that she will open up to God and having a personal relationship with him because he is obviously working on her heart.
Okay..on a lighter note.. Saturday we had womens time!! ahhhh totes love it :) We got all dressed up and went out to a beautiful house in Goose Creek. When we got there, they had a photo booth area where we could take silly pictures and then they had an area were we modged podged scrap booking paper to a wooden frame :) it was so fun! Then we had amazing food! We had chicken salad, fruit salad and red velvet cake!!! SOOO GOOD! then we heard a talk about not seeing how God is faithful in the big moments of life but also through the small stuff. Basically not just living mountaintop to mountaintop but also seeing his faithfulness in the smaller things, because they are just as important! We finished the night but watching Shes the Man in our PJs at the hotel :) Sunday was good we went to church and then went to my host family and we made pizza then made amazing sweet and salty cookies..amazing..I got the recipe :) Work has been really good this week and I actually kinda had fun today..which is such a blessing!
I give my testimony at Cru tomorrow..please pray for me, I am kind of really nervous!
Well I guess that is it for now! :) Love and misss everyone at home..seriouslyyy..but I have already been here a month and only have a month and a half left..mixed emotions..exited but sad at the same time..Thanks for reading!
However, I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given to me-the task of testifying to the gospel of God's grace. Acts 20:24
Hannah :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment