Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Wow! what a crazy last couple of days! I have been super busy, to where I have had barley any time to eat. Ill try and recap everything :)_

Okey dokey, on Saturday we did outreach on the beach. We split up and I was with my d group leader and another girl from d group. We headed out on the beach and soon after we were lead to two girls. We asked them if they would like to take the Solarium picture survey. This is a 5 question survey where the person gets to pick pictures or a picture according to what the question asked. I love using this tool for outreach because it is fun and not a weird way of getting into spiritual conversations. Anyways back to the two girls, one girl didn't want to do it at first but her friend was more interested, so they both ended up doing it. The hesatint girl was really into science and didn't know much about God or if there was even a God, the girl on the left was not completely sure if God existed but thought there was a higher power. The second girl also shared that she is looking for peace. We decided to just leave them with a booklet that explained the gospel but we did not go through it with them because that would not have been good timing. Please pray for them and that they find out who their creator is and what he has done for them. Also pray that the the second girl finds that she can only find that peace she is looking for through Jesus Christ. We talked to a few more people on the beach and then headed back to the hotel. It is so good to remember that even though no one came to know Christ on the beach, that God was planting seeds and that's  what is important. 

Sunday was Awesome! I went to a church called Sanctuary and I really liked the pastor/message and the worship. After church we met our host families. My host family is Sam and Rachael. The are a young couple that has been married about two years. Crazy fact, Sam used to play professional football, he used to play for the Rams..so cool! Anyways, after church we went to their house and Rachael fixed an amazing lunch, and made a great desert ( super healthy which I loved ofc ). While we ate, our laundry was being done. After lunch it was nice to hang out with such a cute Godly couple. They told us how they met and it was so neat hearing how God brought them together. They are super nice and said some Sundays they will take us out to do something fun :) seriously so nice!! Sunday night we had prayer and praise which was a nice way to prepare for the week ahead.

Monday I had orientation for McDonald's and that was really encouraging, they were super nice. I started my first day of working by getting up at 5:20..We arrived and it was not that good..they just through us in without any introduction to the store, or other employees. I barely new what I was doing and so that wasn't fun and we never got a break to eat lunch. I worked until 3 and basically cried/laughed with my other coworker from project all the way home. I have now done two days at McDonalds and today was a little better, although I did end up crying AT work.. embarrassing..I just a little overwhelmed at one point. God has already taught me so much by working there. First off, I have a whole new respect for people that work in fast food. Also God has humbled me so much, I always had a perception of McDonalds employees and here I am, the girl who is asking them for their help constantly, they are so good at it! The biggest thing I have learned is that, after my horrible day on Tuesday I was kind of complaining and then I realized Jesus was in heaven perfectly happy sitting on his thrown with the Father and he came down to earth. We was treated a thousand times worse on earth than I or anyone else will ever be, he didn't have to come but he did. So if Jesus came down from Heaven to save us, then I can suck it up and spend two months of my whole life at McDonalds. 

So that is basically all I have for tonight..Oh I am writing this now in my reflection time, which is a time where you can spend journaling,blogging, reading, having a quiet time, to just spend time with God and reflect and take some time to be alone. It is SO nice, I think this will be my favorite time of the week :) Thanks SO much for your continuous prayers! I will update when I can! Love everyone 


1 comment:

  1. Love reading your blogs! they are fun to read! Praying your week ends great!

    ReplyDelete