Sunday, June 17, 2012

Hey everyone! Sorry it has been so long since I last blogged..I have been really busy. This post will probably not be that good..but anyways..o on a side note..sorry if I miss spell or not use good grammar, most of the time when I am writing these, I only have so much time so I go fast and 'Im tired.

Okay so Last Thursday was the first Cru meeting at the College of Charleston, it was a great meeting to start off the summer. After Cru it is a tradition to walk to Yogurt Mountain..which is frozen yogurt and most of you know I am obsessed with froyo and this place is amazing!!! After working until about 2 on Friday I went for a run and hung out by the pool, it was so nice to finally be able to relax after an intense week. For dinner a bunch of project people went to a restaurant down town called Grouchos. It was a little sanwhich place and I got a chicken salad sandwich on pumpernickel..yum yum yum. After dinner we walked down to the battery. It was so beautiful, I love walked through the pretty trees and then over by the water watching the boats on the water and the sunset. It was a great way to end the day.


Saturday we had Without Walls which is an organization that sends groups of people into different low income neighborhoods and provides games for the kids, food, and clothes to hand out. Since it was our first time we were not sure how organized it would be. The children loved having us come and play with them but we didnt really know what the leader was doing. Next time we will come prepared for fun games that we understand and can play in an organized way..haha. Saturday night was the project social, which was tacky roller skating. It was fun to dress up and be silly, also it had been forever since I even put on a pair of roller skates..it was so fun that night, except I fell twice on my hip and got a mega bruise.



Sunday we went to church and then headed over to our host families house. We had yummy food, I cant remember what we had..and then we played fish bowl until our laundry was done. When I got back to the hotel I got to skype with my boo and catch up on what he is doing down in Clearwater beach. It is so neat because we are both doing the same type of things but at different places, so we can relate to one another. 

Wednesday night was nice, it was reflection night and I went to starbucks :) I spend some time in the word, reading and books and working on my testimony. I was in the process of writing out my testimony because I will be sharing my testimony Thursday in front of everyone on project..im slightly nervous..okay really nervous..please please please pray that I have full confidence and am not scared. 
Friday night Lana (roomie) and I went to a place called five loafs and it was delish. It was kind of in a sketch part of town but the food was amazing and it was so cute int there. Later that night I volunteered to babysit for one of the staff families. I got to babysit a little boy named Caleb and it was adorable and such a sweet angel. After he was asleep I was able to finish up working on support letters, addressing envelopes and things like that.  I so tired that when I got back I went straight to bed. 
Saturday was a wonderful day! We went out to Folly beach and did some outreach. I had some pretty good conversations. There was a group of 3 girls that we talked to and two of the girls were believers and seemed to be following after Christ and the other girl was not a believer. She said that she has heard so many different things and doesn't like when people force things on her and tell her to believe a certain thing. We left her with a KGP and hopefully she will look into it and ask her friends questions. I am praying that we planted a seed and with her friends close by God will lead her to Him, in his timing. EXCITING NEWS- 3 people excepted Christ that day!!   After outreach me and the roomies went and ate at Taco Boy. Taco boy is a mexican resturant by the beach and it was delicious buy way pricey, so I wont be going back but it was nice to try. We came back to the hotel and got ready for swing dancing night. The community left early to set up. We had punch, cookies and christmas lights. It was fun learning some basic moves. Afterwards about 5 of us decided to walk downtown. We went to the Fudgery and they had the best fudge and ice cream. After we got our ice cream we walked to a hotel called Charleston Place, which is this really nice hotel downtown. We rode the elevator to the 6th floor and then took the stairs to the 8th floor, where we walked out onto the roof. It was so beautiful, we got see the whole city at night from the roof of a hotel. It was so fun having such an adventurous day. The roomies and I ended the day with some pillow talk :) 
I got to talk to my daddy today which was nice. It was sad to be without him on fathers day but It makes me so thankful for him and I will cherish the fathers day we have to come in the future. Tonight we had praise and worship on the dock across the street from our hotel..so amazing and gorgeous. Something about being outside in God's creating worshiping and praying is amazing. 
I will not wait so long next time to blog so I can remember more details.





 Please pray for my coworkers and that I can share my story, and the gospel. Pray God will give me opportunities to get to know them personally and so I can talk to them about Christ. Please pray that I will use my time wisely this week and continue to in my faith. Thank you so much for your constant prayers! 
Hannah :)





 

No comments:

Post a Comment