Tuesday, May 29, 2012

And it begins...

I made it to Charleston safely! I left this morning a little after 10 and as I was driving out of town I started thinking, " I will not see this place for 10 weeks" and that kind of made me sad. I am such a homebody, even though Greenville is not the most exciting place on earth..it home for me.

 Five hours and some boring interstate later I arrived at the lovely Charleston Marrriott. This hotel is so nice and beauitful. It feels unreal to be living in a hotel all summer. I met my roommates and they are great :) After we unpacked and got settled we went to dinner with our D (discipleship) group leader. That was good just talking and getting to know each other. After dinner we met the staff and got these project notebooks with all kinds of information. After the meeting we had an ice cream social and that was nice meeting everyone from all over. Now I am just chillen in bed with Milton (my polar bear) reflecting on the day.

I have to say, I miss home and everyone A LOT, I hope this is normal..I am still excited to see what the next couple of days will be like but it is hard to get past the first couple of days. Thank you for your prayers they mean a lot. Also please say a special prayer for Josh's dad, he was in a wreck this morning (hes ok) but has a broken nose and a few broken ribs. Thanks again :)

Till tomorrow :)
Hannah 

No comments:

Post a Comment