Hey everyone! I have had a wonderful day. Today I got up and did my quiet time out in this courtyard area outside the hotel. It was nice to just hang out with God, talk to Him and hear what He had to say. God has already shown and done so much in me, in the short time I have been here. One major thing is that serving God may involve at times leaving your family and comforts. When I first got here I was really homesick and would have been fine to leave and go home the first day, I missed my family, my house, my dog :) Yesterday I realized that God wanted me to leave everything and follow him in Charleston. Now this doesnt mean forget about them and drop all communication but just that I need to step out in faith and with no comforts of home to comfort me, I had to put all my trust and comfort into Gods hands. With this, I then realized that even if we don't have anything else in the world, if we have God everything will be okay. This is something that I have already known for forever but it didn't become real to me, until I left my comfy home. Anyways, back to today. After eating breakfast me and the roomies went to good ol wally world and got some food then we ate lunch and headed to the great Folley Beach. We soaked up the sun for a couple of hours until we went back and showered and got ready for dinner. Before we left for dinner I got to skype with the fam which was nice seeing their faces :) We went to one of our host churches and this great lady cooked an amazing dinner, we had chicken, green beans, salad, mac and cheese, and lemonade/sweet tea mixture, all homemade :) After dinner we got told what ministry group we would be in. I found out I will be in the Community group which is a group that puts together the socials throughout the summer, with the goal of creating authentic relationships with everyone on project. We talked about some great ideas, and I am excited to see some of them play out. After this meeting. I hit the gym and got a nice short workout in to end my day. Now I am just chilling in the room with the girls and milton (my bear). It is nice to have some time to relax in the room.
Here are some pictures of my room and a picture of the beach today :)
Hannah
Roomies at the beach.
My closet for summer.
The room
My bed and Milton
Love all the pics, the hotel room is really nice, and those tall wedges in your closet are sassy frass! Glad you are having fun and already learning a lot!! :)
ReplyDelete