This morning we had more orientation and I found out what McDonalds store I will be working at and who I will be working with. I also found out that my orientation is not until Monday so that means I have all of tomorrow and Friday free :) woop woop After lunch we met back in our meeting room to start a scavenger hunt. We were split up into our D groups and were given of a list of things to find and certain things were worth certain points. Another thing was that the staff were disguised and scattered amongst down town and if we found and a got a picture with them, that was extra points. We did not win, but we weren't trying too hard. The scavenger hunt gave us an opportunity to explore the Charleston downtown area, which I am in love with. There are SO many cute little stores and cobble stone streets. We went down rainbow row, the battery, and the water front park, which was beautiful and we got to see some dolphins :) Then we had dinner and turned in our money we raised! I am so blessed and thankful for what the Lord has given me financially to go on this project, I still have a little more to go, but seeing his provision through this has been a great growing experience God hand picked me and wants me at Charleston this summer, I cannot be more excited to see what he has planned! The last thing we did was called "window to the soul" which was a time with our D group to open up and tell a little about our history, our greatest achievements and failures, how did we see God work last semester and how we were feeling coming into summer project. It was nice to see that we all had different stories and different strengths and weaknesses but that God had placed us together here this summer to work for His glory. Something that is good to keep reminding myself, is that God doesn't call the equipped he equips the called. Which is so encouraging! I am so very thankful for this experience because it is one that not everyone gets to do, and it is something that I will carry for the rest of my life.
Here are some pictures..enjoy!
This was the Movie Theater in the Notebook! I was so excited :)
The Market
No comments:
Post a Comment